Have scheduled your AMCAT Test, but feel at a loss regarding your next steps? Don’t worry – you’re not alone. We, here at the AMCAT, often receive word from confused candidates, worrying over how they can best prepare for the AMCAT Test. College students, graduates, those seeking core jobs, those seeking IT jobs, experienced candidates and others. And that’s why we have brought together all our ‘Cracking the AMCAT series‘ content here, in this AMCAT Preparation Guide.
The AMCAT Preparation Guide:
The AMCAT Preparation Guide is our in-depth coverage on how you can best prepare for the skill assessment, designed as a step-by-step guide. It links our individual forays into each AMCAT module, its syllabus and types of questions, as well as the most common FAQs that we receive regarding the test.
To begin with, here are the common questions that one gets before facing the AMCAT Test:
- What is the AMCAT Test?
- What is the eligibility criteria for the AMCAT Test?
- Is it for me?
- What is the syllabus for the AMCAT Test?
- How can I prepare for the AMCAT Test?
This is followed by common FAQs regarding purchasing the test, ideal AMCAT scores and best times to purchase the test. And, whether it has actually worked for the candidates who have taken it.
What is the AMCAT Test?
The AMCAT or Aspiring Minds Computer Adaptive Test is a skill assessment, aimed at connecting freshers, graduates and experienced candidates with entry to junior-level jobs on the basis of their merit.
It does this by evaluating candidates on the basis of their core skills in a minimum four areas – Verbal skills, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative skills and your core areas. The first three are consistent and mandatory modules – the fourth subject area depends on your course.
Here are some ways in which you can understand the concept of the AMCAT Test:
- What’s the AMCAT Test? What can you expect from it?
- AMCAT Test and How to Go About It
- What Should I Know About The AMCAT Test?
What is the eligibility criteria for AMCAT Test?
There is NO eligibility criteria for the AMCAT Test in terms of marks. You can give the AMCAT during college, after college, with a few years of experience and from a variety of courses.
Is the AMCAT For Me?
The benefits of the AMCAT Test extend to all candidates, irrespective of their course, years of experience, location, marks et al. Here is why the AMCAT is for you:
- Is the AMCAT for B.Tech Final Year Students?
- Experienced Candidates: Is the AMCAT Test for me?
- Is the AMCAT for recent graduates?
- How can the AMCAT Test help with IT jobs?
What is the syllabus for the AMCAT Test?
The AMCAT Test Syllabus includes specific course content on all Test modules. Here is an in-depth explanation of the core syllabus material and how you can prepare for these AMCAT modules:
- English Ability – Verbal Skills
- Logical Reasoning (Explained in Part 1 and Part 2)
- Quantitative Ability: For Tech students & Non-Tech students
- Information Gathering and Synthesis
- Computer Science and Computer Programming
- Core Engineering Modules
Preparing for the AMCAT Test:
Preparing for the AMCAT Test is a segmented strategy, with a five-step process, common to preparation for all aptitude tests.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Gather information about AMCAT
- Study, as per AMCAT Syllabus and identify crucial topics
- Attempt AMCAT sample papers
- Create information sheets and reference logs
- Revise important topics
Common FAQs for AMCAT Test:
Still not onboard about the AMCAT Test? Here are some of the common concerns that those who plan to take the AMCAT Test ask us:
- How to fill the AMCAT Test Form?
- What is a ‘good score’ in the AMCAT Test?
- ‘The Right Time’ to schedule an AMCAT test
- How much does the AMCAT cost
Concerns after the AMCAT Test:
Given the AMCAT Test and facing issues over your next steps? These are some of the common concerns that we face from students who have given the AMCAT Test:
- When will I get my AMCAT score?
- Understanding the AMCAT Feedback Report
- Can I put my AMCAT Test Score on LinkedIn
- Should I renew my AMCAT scores or take the test again?
- No Interview Calls after taking AMCAT. Why?
- Scary Jobs Interviews? We Got You Covered
We hope that we have been able to comprehensively answer all questions regarding the AMCAT. The next step – Schedule an AMCAT Test now.
And if you have already given the AMCAT, prepare for the next big challenge – the interview round for the jobs you would apply for. For this, we recommend the following:
- Mock-AI (Non-verbal cues, tone and body language)
- MyEnglish (verbal skills)
- Ultimate Preparation Guide for Personal Interviews