Human resource management is an important part of any organisation, whether large or small. Human resources manager develop, suggest and execute policies and decisions relating to the personnel within an organisation. They ensure that the organisation has the right staff balance in terms of experience and skills, training and development needs of employees are met with and overall seeing that the employer’s business aims are met with.
The Job Role and Responsibilities
Depending on the profile and size of the organisation, an HR manager can be involved in different activities required by organisations including areas such as HR operations, staffing, working practices, conditions of employment, compensation & benefits etc. Commonly, an entry level HR Manager can be working in any of the following roles:
- HR Operations – Focuses on overall organisation development, developing HR systems and policies, quality management, strategy design and development
- Staffing/ Recruitment – Develops and executes recruitment plans which start from preparing job descriptions to sourcing suitable candidates, coordinating interviews and selection and recordkeeping
- Business HR – Leads and manages the people management related agenda for specific businesses, includes leading change management projects, managing HR-related internal and external communication, and preparing development plans for high-potential employees.
- Compensation & Benefits – Looks after pay structure of employees including salary levels, incentives, commission structures and benefits packages.
Competencies and Skills Required
Human Resources management is all about effective communication and people skills. HR Managers have to deal with a variety of people within and outside the organisation, negotiate and create a win – win situation for everybody. Some qualities that recruiters look for in an HR Manager include-
Some qualities that recruiters look for include-
- Good communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Understanding of business and its needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and personal effectiveness
- Overall project management skills
Assessment for the ‘Right’ HR Manager
|HR Manager Profile||AMCAT Mapping|
|Communication Skills||English – High|
|Problem-Solving skills||Logical Ability – Mid|
|Understanding business and its needs||HR Domain Knowledge – Mid
HR Situation Judgment Test – Mid
|Interpersonal Skills||Agreeableness (Personality) – Mid to High
Extraversion (Personality) – Mid
|Project Management Skills||
HR Situation Judgment Test – Mid to High
Also, if you aspire to become an HR Manager, DON’T miss out some amazing fresher job opportunities that we have for you.
You might also like: