A front-end web developer is responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact within a web application. The objective of designing a site is to ensure that when the users open up the site they see the information in a format that is easy to read and relevant. They are usually supported by back-end web developers, who are responsible for server-side application logic and integration of the work front-end developers do.
What will your responsibilities include?
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to the back-end.
- Basic understanding of PHP.
- Understanding of OOP.
What skills are employers looking for?
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
Do you have the right skill set?
The leading employability test AMCAT, which is also the only adaptive test in India that allows you to test yourself for a wide range of skills and competencies.
The following table illustrates how various skills and personality traits map to assessments required for the Front End Developer role:
Front End Developer Profile
|Knowledge of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, and related skills
|Domain Knowledge: High
|Logical Ability: Mid to High
Numerical Ability: Mid
|Ability to deal with stress and follow procedures
|Emotional Stability: Mid
Conscientiousness: Mid to High