What will your responsibilities include?
A mobile application developer is expected to design and develop applications that are useful, innovative and user friendly. Some companies might ask fresher’s to work on specific languages and concepts to build an application specific to their requirements. While other companies might want developers to come up with creative ideas for apps, that could capture users’ interest. Depending on the organization’s requirements, a mobile application developer would have all or some the following responsibilities:
- Understanding customer needs and translating that into mobile application framework
- Designing mobile application based on best practices and requirements
- Working on different mobile platforms and developing the application in collaboration with other team members
- Testing the application and providing support
- Documenting project plan, technical specifications, and approach
What skills are employers looking for?
Strong technical and analytical skills are most important for a mobile application developer role. They are also required to do a lot of market and technology research to come up with innovative and user friendly applications. Some skills and competencies that employers look for are:
- Analytical skills
- Ability to comprehend and process research data
- Communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as an individual
- Technical expertise in mobile application development
Do you have the right skill set?
The leading employability test AMCAT, is the only adaptive test in India that allows you to test yourself for a wide range of skills and competencies.
The following table illustrates how various skills and personality traits map to assessments required for the Mobile Application Developer role.
|Mobile Application Developer Profile||AMCAT Mapping|
|Strong analytical skills||Logical Ability: High
Quantitative Ability: Mid
|Ability to comprehend and process data||English: Mid to High
Logical Ability: Mid to High
|Technical expertise in mobile application development||Computer Programming: Mid to High
Mobility Domain Knowledge: Mid to High
Mobile Application Developer has a very bright future keeping in mind the internet ecosystem that is continuously growing. So if you’re not sure of your job readiness, take the AMCAT test today and find your right career path. You can also check out some fresh mobile application jobs at our website.
Liked the blog? Comment and let us know. 🙂