Design is a very broad field. When somebody calls themselves a designer, it is immediately not understandable as to what kind of designing are they involved in. As much as the publication industry needs designers, the requirement is similar for a distinctly contrast industry like automobiles. A UI/UX designer is one who is concerned about understanding a product and its feel and is able to express the same in the form of design to the user.
The Job Role and Responsibilities
The job role and responsibilities of a UI/UX designer include:
- Understanding a product’s brief and converting it into highly appealing and interactive user layouts.
- Creating dashboard UI designs and checking validations.
- Understanding the psyche of end-users of a product/website/application and planning designs accordingly.
- Communicating with technical staff and modifying design based on technical requirements.
Competencies and Skills Required
- Knowledge of design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks and Corel Draw.
- Conceptual understanding of User Interface design and design process.