A SEO Analyst is primarily responsible for maintaining the health of the company’s website. SEO Analyst works towards keeping the website most informative and easily available for both the audience searching it and related business on the web and also for the search engines. He/she is responsible for driving the audience to the company’s website and maintaining the company’s reputation in the online world.
The Job Role and Responsibilities
The SEO Analyst is involved in keyword research, advising of best practices and developing SEO strategies both on and off-page for the company’s websites. He/she works closely with the team that drives content to the website. Some responsibilities of the SEO Analyst include:
- Performing site specific keyword research, competitive analysis and detailed technical of the company’s website/s to ensure the health of the website in the online space.
- Managing the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines including the campaign planning, budget management, and optimization of paid search campaigns.
- Providing recommendations and execute/manage strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals.
- Developing and implementing link building campaigns, perform backlink analysis, opportunity identification, solicitation and optimization.
- Implementation and administration of search engine programs (XML sitemaps, shopping feeds, webmaster tools).
- Monitoring and evaluating web analytics dashboards and reports in order to develop and recommend SEO strategies.
Competencies and Skills Required
- Strong knowledge about popular SEO Tools (keyword tools, web analytics and internal reporting tools).
- Good command over written and spoken the English language.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and identify and resolve problems.
Assessment for the ‘Right’ SEO Analyst
|SEO Analyst Profile Skills||AMCAT Mapping|
|Knowledge about SEO Tools||Domain knowledge: High|
|Communication Skills||English: Mid to High|
|Creative Thinking and problem solving skills||Logical Ability: High|
Logical Ability: Mid to High
Do companies need SEO?
SEO or ‘Search Engine Optimization is still a not so known part of business for some. And hence the need and importance of hiring an SEO Analyst might be not be essentially felt by all companies. However, today the world has become heavily dependent on the web. Google is one common platform to seek answers to simply any question. And hence it has become important for every organization to have its presence online and draw visitors to it. Thus SEO becomes imperative for them. Ecommerce companies need and make extensive use of SEO. With their complete business mechanism being reliant on the web, it is mandatory for them to do effective SEO.