In this world of mobile and internet, almost everybody would have interacted with a customer service executive at some point of time or another. Customer service executives are the ones who help companies to fulfil their 24×7 support promise. With their skills and experience they ensure that a company delivers the highest standards of service to customers. A customer Service Executive answers all the inquiries of customers, provide them with requisite information, help them in troubleshooting and address their complaints.
The job role and responsibilities
Primary responsibilities and tasks of a Customer Service Executive include:
- Answer calls of customers to tell them about the services of company, take/cancel orders or resolve their queries in a proper manner.
- Preparing quotation and follow up with the customers.
- Keep database of customers up to date and correct errors in it.
- Process orders of customers, issue invoice and dispatch the order on time.
- Communicate with managers and clients simultaneously on deadline issues.
Competencies and skills required
Customer Service Executive acts as a liaison between customers and the client company. Business Process Management (BMP) organizations are very specific about the skillset of their employees and hire those who have good communication and listening skills, are patient and attentive as well. The candidate must be a quick learner so that he could have complete knowledge of the product. A good command over English and fluency are also prerequisites for this job role.The major skills that employers look for are:
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Data entry and basic computer skills
The following table illustrates how various skills and personality traits map to assessments required for a Customer Service Executive Role.
|Customer Service Executive Profile Skills||AMCAT Mapping|
|Communication Skills||Spoken English : High|
Agreeableness: Mid to High
|Interpersonal Skills||Spoken English : High|
Openness to Experience: Mid
|Problem Solving Skills||Logical Ability: Mid to High|
|Ability to Work under stress||Emotional Stability: High|