As 2016 approaches, recruiters expect an increase in demand across sectors, be it e-commerce, financial services or mobile product development. There will be many more jobs for those in product development in particular owing to the sharp growth in the number of mobile devices in the country, besides a surge in entry-level openings for data analysts.
1. Digital Marketing heads – More and more companies are looking to beef up their online presence to meet the growing demand amid a sharp increase in the number of people accessing the internet. It is critical for such companies to have the right person to lead the digital marketing team. “Companies across sectors are ramping up their digital marketing teams and the job profile is slowly but surely attracting more attention because it’s seen as relatively stable and talent is as yet scarce,” said Nicolas Dumoulin, regional director at Michael Page India.
2. Product Developers – With IT companies ramping up their offerings and startups mushrooming in several sectors, product developers are expected to be in high demand in the coming year. Engineering degrees in different disciplines coupled with a good understanding of software as well as adaptability to new technologies will stand would-be product developers in good stead.
3. Senior Managers – Ecommerce – In the e-commerce sector, young promoters are on the lookout for sales and marketing professionals, along with supply chain, distribution, delivery and logistical employees to add value to their companies.
4. Data analytics – In 2016, entry-level jobs for data analysts are expected to be aplenty since companies across the board, from small firms to larger companies like Infosys are looking to expand their footprint in technology. These jobs will require mathematical and analytical skills.
5. Mobile Productive Development – With mobile users set to cross 500-million mark by the end of 2015, according to a GSMA report, mobile product development engineers are expected to be in huge demand next year as software products and apps are being developed in droves. A BTech or a bachelor’s degree in engineering, design or related fields is a prerequisite for such jobs. AutoCAD certification, detailed knowledge of applications development on Android/iOS will steer hopeful candidates smoothly along.
(Article originally appeared on Times of India)