About Avanti Fellows:
Avanti is a social enterprise established in March 2010 to help economically disadvantaged students gain admission to India's top engineering and medical colleges. Avanti operates stand-alone Learning Centers in Mumbai, New Delhi and Kanpur. The Learning Centers provide low-income high-school students a world-class science and mathematics education, and have very little conventional lecturing.
Our centers implement a unique peer learning pedagogy that was developed by the award-winning Harvard Physics Professor, Dr. Eric Mazur, and our chief academic advisor. Avanti is a PanIIT Alumni India initiative, winner of the Stanford BASES Social E-Challenge 2010 and recipient of the Echoing Green, Ashoka and Draper Richard Kaplan Foundation Fellowships 2012.
Designation: Marketing & Outreach Executive
Salary: INR 1.8 to INR 2.4 LPA
Job Location: Kanpur/ Delhi/ Mumbai
Course Specialization: Graduates/ MBA (2012/2013 Batch Passouts)
The Marketing and Outreach Executive will work directly with the Program Manager to execute the end-to-end Annual Marketing, Outreach, Selection and Admission process for the new batch of incoming students. The main responsibilities are providing feedback and inputs in developing the marketing strategy, plan and coordinate outreach with the Program Manager, reach out to schools and community organizations to conduct information and awareness sessions with students and principals, and invite applications and conduct the selection test. Build marketing processes to induct the top students into the program. Consider the feasibility and potential locations for setting up new learning centers, and lead the process of establishing new Learning Centers in the city.
- Major Responsibilities:
1. Marketing Strategy for Outreach
- Continuously work with Program Manager and volunteers to refine Avanti's marketing strategy and messaging, based on insight and experience. Create database of possible channels of outreach.
- Conduct career counseling sessions in low-income schools (and communities) to invite maximum number of applications from students for the selection test.
2. Schools and Community Outreach
- Visit low-income schools, build strong relationships with them to conduct Avanti's annual selection process
- Establish partnerships with NGOs, community-based organizations and media bodies (newspapers, radio, TV) to spread awareness about Avanti's learning centers amongst our target audience of low-income families
- Work with student volunteers from colleges (IITs and top state engineering colleges) to coordinate outreach.
3. Selection Tests and Interview Process
- Manage end-to-end administration of multiple selection tests and personal interview process of applicants
- Build strong relationship with principals and families of students to manage Avanti's presence in community
4. Setting up New Learning Centers
- Identify prospective locations and set up 3 new Avanti Learning Centers by April 2014
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Fluency in spoken Hindi & English is a must. Good written communication skills in English.
- Functional knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
- Proven ability to work well proactively, in a start-up, under less supervision.
- Good marketing and communication skills, ability to convince the audience and sell to their needs.
Interview Process: Telephonic Round, Face to Face Interview
Probation Period: 3 months
B.A., B.A.(Hons.), B.Com., B.Com.(Hons.), B.Sc., B.Sc.(Hons.), BBA, BBM, MBA, P.G.D.B.A, P.G.D.B.M.
0 - 0 Years
1.8 - 2.4 LPA