Last week we discussed about the 6 Must-have books for every marketer. Today, we will see the 7 books that a person who is interested in advertising must read.
- Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy: This is ‘THE’ book for anyone and everyone who is interested in advertising. “An obvious choice, sure, and on everyone’s list, but I’m always surprised at the number of people in our business who have never picked it up. If you haven’t read this, you need to, and if you have, it’s probably a good time for a refresher. This is a book that never goes out of style.” –Darryl Ohrt, founder, Mash Studio, former executive creative director at Carrot Creative. This is a book that covers almost all the aspects on advertising.
- Copywriting by Design by David Herzbrun: This book covers everything that you need to know about copy-writing. The book successfully takes you through the entire process- from idea generation to execution. As the book’s tagline says it tries to bring ideas to life with words and images. A must read.
- Things I have learned in my life so far by Stefan Sagmeister: This book contains a combination of personal stories, art, images and design. This is a book to read when you feel demotivated and to ensure yourself that creative people are the ones who rule the world.
- How to Write an Inspired Creative Brief by Howard Ibach: “Howard Ibach has written the essential brief for the briefers, a simple, memorable, enoyable book for those who need to practice the art of strategic reduction for a living. He expounds several oft-forgotten principles: simplicity, clarity, collaboration.”-Steve Wehrenberg, CEO, Campbell Mithum Advertising, Minneapolis. The book provides you with all the details that is required to build a successful career in advertising.
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman: The book contains the research that Daniel conducted over decades. It consists all the three phases of his career right from his early days of struggling to the days when he was working on happiness. It also throws light on the benefits of slow thinking. “This is a fascinating, comprehensive and utterly readable summary of all we know today about the way humans really think and make decisions, which is very different from most of what we assume. It’s an amazing book, with vivid examples and explanations throughout. How could anyone in the ad industry not benefit from better insight into how humans think and decide?” –Emma Cookson, chairman, BBH
- Bill Bernbach’s Book by Bob Levenson: This is an excellent piece of work that comprises of stunning history of some of the most brilliant and famous ad campaigns of advertising genius Bill Bernbach.
- Hey Whipple, Squeeze This by Luke Sullivan: This book has motivated a number of students, copywriters and youngsters to stand out from the crowd . This book will help you sharpen your skills and take your creativity to a new level altogether. This is a must read if you want to make a mark in the advertising industry or get that dream job of yours.