About the Company: Great Eastern Shipping owes its success to the foresightedness of two families - the Sheths and the Bhiwandiwallas, who started their own shipping line to help expand the reach of their trading businesses. In 1948, after obtaining the mothballed Liberty ship, SS Fort Elice, G E Shipping began its maiden voyage under the entrepreneurial genius of Vasant J. Sheth and steered ahead confidently, tasting new waters and exploring new avenues. From providing sea-logistics support in its initial years to venturing in tramp shipping, to diversifying into offshore oil field services, much against the industry norms, the company has often swum against the tide and in the process, turned the tides in its favour, thereby laying a path for others to follow.
Job location: Mumbai
Desired Experience: 0-1 Year
Target Batch Passout: 2015-2016
Salary: INR 2.4 to 3.6 LPA
Course Specialization: B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering with 60 % throughout (10th, 12th and graduation)
Candidate will be responsible for following:
- Follow ups to ensure all reports from ships are sent on time.
- Settlement of repair invoices are properly entered into system.
- Reports required by other Depts. are sent on time.
- Correspondence with Govt. and Class Societies are promptly carried out.
- Alerts concerned to ensure that all flying squad repair teams on board do not exceed time limit permitted by DG Shipping.
- Outstanding defect lists of all vessels are properly maintained.
- Following up with the vessels for defect rectification.
- Provide assistance during budget preparation
Skill Set Required: Candidates must have following skills:
- Communication skills - Good command on English (spoken as well as written) a must for this role
- Comfort with numbers and calculations to enable the person to work on quotations and MIS
- Office suite software - Microsoft Office
-Face to face Interview
- Job Responsibilities: Technical Support
- Education: B.Tech/B.E.
- Work Ex: 0 - 1 yrs
- Salary: 3.6 Lacs
- Industry: Energy & Power