About The company
Avanti is an award winning social enterprise established by IIT alumni in 2013 to level the playing field for disadvantaged students aspiring to study at top colleges in India. At present, they have 200 full-time employees and support over 2,000 students across 8 states in India.
At Avanti, they enable students to learn math and science effectively through peer learning. Students consume lecture content in the form of recorded videos and reading material before attending class. In place of conventional lectures, classroom time is used to get students to debate concepts, work collaboratively on problem sets and clarify doubts by interacting with experts. Over the past year, they have shown that students outperform the most expensive after-school programs in the country at less than one-third the cost.
Avanti is a PanIIT Alumni initiative, winner of Stanford BASES and recipient of the Echoing Green, Ashoka, Draper Richards Kaplan & Forbes 30 under 30 awards. They investors include Pearson Affordable Learning Fund and the Dell Foundation. They academic board is chaired by Dr. Eric Mazur, Dean of Applied Physics at Harvard.
Desired experience- 0-1 Years
Job Profile: Teacher- Physics/ Chemistry/ Maths/ Biology
Course Specialization- BE/ BTech/ MTech/ MSc (Physics/Chemistry/Maths/Biology)
Training/Probation Period- 3 Months
Salary- INR 4 LPA (Depending upon the candidate experience and performance in the interview)
Date of Joining- Immediate
- Aptitude Test
- Personal Interview
Tentative Interview Date*- Will be communicated post registration window is closed.
*The shortlisted candidates will be sent Admit Cards/Call Letters on their registered mail Id, which they will need to carry on the date of Interview. No candidate will be entertained by the company without the formal intimation from Aspiring Minds.
The Teacher is responsible for taking Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology classes for Class IX-XII using Avanti’s unique teaching approach and working individually with students to motivate and inspire them.
- He/she also works closely with our business development team to set up more centers.
Roles and Responsibilities-
1. Classroom Preparation and Delivery
- Prepare for class thoroughly by studying our video content and modules/assignments
- Enable effective delivery of our unique teaching approach that lays stress on peer instruction, collaborative problem solving and customized individual self-study
2. Mentoring and Counseling
- Instill a healthy working culture where students actively collaborate with each other
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with students to help them plan their studies and cope with stress
- Build strong relationships with both the students and their parents through frequent meetings
3. Business Development
- Conduct demo classes in partner schools to attract more students to sign up to Avanti
- Teaching skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong Knowledge of subject’s i.e. Physics/ Chemistry/ Maths / Biology
-Passionate about teaching.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills. Strong academic record. Good at working with teenagers.
- Self-driven and Strong work ethic.
0 - 1 Years
4 - 4 LPA