About the company:
The Indian Rental Market and Nestaway
It’s said that you need a “large problem” and a “scalable solution” to build a successful venture. A random survey between your friends and family would reveal, that finding and living in a rental home in India could possibly be one of the largest such problems in India, maybe next only to traffic and water. According to the Indian Economic survey, our annual migration rate is about 10 million people every year, which directly flows into the rental market. Then why is that even after it being such a big apparent problem, no one has hit upon a “scalable solution”?
It’s because it’s a “hard problem”. There is hardly a business template in the world that can be applied, even in small parts, to the unorganised, unstandardised and often unscrupulous world of the Indian rental market. Any first level solutions dig out more problems and angles that need to be thought through. No amount of capital cannot solve for ground-level issues of stereotyping and discrimination. As the rental home is a product that almost every Indian consumes, the heterogeneous nature of Indian consumer interest creeps into the nature of demand and supply. Weak dispute resolution mechanisms ensure that a large part of the available inventory remains locked up while large sections of the population lives in sub-standard housing.
At NestAway, we have stayed with this “hard problem”. In our journey starting from 2015, we have been solving the problem that most of us can relate to. Our product, design and engineering teams have never had to deal with the problem of context, unlike teams working for problems disconnected from their world. Our problems are apparent, the solutions are not. We need you to help us.
We deal with complex problems and working at Nestaway would test you out both from the perspective of your approach to problem-solving & how to use technology to solve for India. These challenges are testing us out every day and if you too are invested in solving the problems unique to India, we would like to invite you for a chat.
Job location: Bangalore
Desired Experience: Fresher
Course Specialization: B.E/B.Tech(Any Branch)
Probation/Training Period: 6 Months
Salary: INR 5 LPA to INR 10 LPA (depending upon candidate’s knowledge and performance in the interview)
Tentative date of joining: Immediate
Tentative date of interview: Will be communicated post registration window is closed.
* The shortlisted candidates will be sent Admit Cards/Call Letters on their registered mail Id, which they will need to, carry on the date of Interview. No candidate will be entertained by the company without the formal intimation from Aspiring Minds.
- Working with your team and Product Manager to refine and develop the product direction andimplementation.
- Writing great quality, scalable, maintainable code.
- Ensuring all code is thoroughly covered by automated tests(Unit/Integration) and that allfeatures meet quality checks before deployment.
- Deploying, monitoring, maintaining and fixing products in production.
- Translate business requirements into scalable and extensible design.
- Pair with team members on functional and nonfunctional requirements and spread design philosophy and goals across the team.
- Communicate well with business and relevant stakeholders.
Skill Set Required:
- Passion to learn new things, solve challenging problems
- Proficiency in OOP, SQL, Design Patterns.
- Data modelling knowledge in Relational(MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL(Google Datastore,DynamoDB) databases.
- Knowledge on troubleshooting server performance - memory issues, resource leaks, etc.
- Excellent understanding of interactive application development paradigm, memorymanagement, performance/resource optimizations, database interactions, network programming, concurrency and multithreading, fault tolerance, monitoring, security and operability of systems
- Ability to Get Stuff Done!
We primarily use GRPC, ElasticSearch, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Python, Node, React, React Native, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Airflow, Bigquery.
- Online Test
- 2 Technical Interview rounds
0 - 0 Years
5 - 10 LPA