About the Company:
While the world has now woken up to (and how!) and is engulfed in this boom, Crayon Data founder and CEO, Suresh Shankar has been part of this space since early 2000, with his first startup RedPill Solutions Pte Ltd., when there was no real market to speak of. The struggle and finally a successful stint with RedPill led to it’s buy out by IBM in 2009. Suresh went on to head the Global Analytics Practice for IBM Global Process Services for the next two years.In 2011, he finally gave in to the entrepreneurial urge once again which led to setting up of Crayon Data in July 2012.Life has, in a way, come a full circle for Suresh, albeit with it’s own peculiar challenges this time round. We caught up with him to understand the big data space and its challenges in two completely diverse markets and the transition from one to another.
Job Profile: Senior Java Developer
Desired Experience: 3- 5 years
Job Description & Skills :
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required. Masters preferred, with at least 5 years work experience.
- General development tools: Java 7 , Maven, Eclipse IDE, Git SCM, Linux, Cloud(Amazon Web Services), Google Guava & Guice Dependency Injection, TDD & mocking frameworks
- Persistence technologies, such as:
- Relational databases & ORM(JPA, Eclipse Link, Hibernate)
- NoSQL databases, in par articular document stores such as Couchbase or MongoDb
- A background in JEE, including a solid understanding of the servlet, RESTful(JAX-RS) & Java persistence specifications.
- Spring framework: Spring IoC/DI, Spring Data, Spring Batch.
- Experience designing and implementing common, reusable components and frameworks. Extending Open Source frameworks for proprietary needs.
- A demonstrable comfort navigating Open Source, interpreting change history to resolve issues with
- snapshot builds. We work with the bleeding edge of Big Data frameworks so we need developers who aren’t intimidated by large open source code-bases..
- Experience working in an Agile(Scrum) development environment desirable.
- Experience using build automation / CI platforms: Maven (or ANT.) & Jenkins, including automated integration & acceptance testing.
- History of in-depth Java work/research, including design patterns, object oriented design principles & refactoring.
B.Sc., B.Tech/B.E., MCA
3 - 5 Years
3 - 15 LPA