Looks like we don't have any active jobs matching your criteria right now. Why don't you check out these other jobs:
Science Curriculum Specialist
About The company
Avanti is an award winning social enterprise established by IIT alumni in 2013 to level the playing field for disadvantaged students aspiring to study at top colleges in India. At present, they have 200 full-time employees and support over 2,000 students across 8 states in India.
At Avanti, they enable students to learn math and science effectively through peer learning. Students consume lecture content in the form of recorded videos and reading material before attending class. In place of conventional lectures, classroom time is used to get students to debate concepts, work collaboratively on problem sets and clarify doubts by interacting with experts. Over the past year, they have shown that students outperform the most expensive after-school programs in the country at less than one-third the cost.
Avanti is a PanIIT Alumni initiative, winner of Stanford BASES and recipient of the Echoing Green, Ashoka, Draper Richards Kaplan & Forbes 30 under 30 awards. They investors include Pearson Affordable Learning Fund and the Dell Foundation. They academic board is chaired by Dr. Eric Mazur, Dean of Applied Physics at Harvard.
Desired experience- 0-1 Years
Job Profile: Science Curriculum Specialist
Course Specialization- BE/ BTech/ MTech/ MSc (Physics/Chemistry/Maths/Biology)
Training/Probation Period- 3 Months
Salary- INR 4 LPA – 6 LPA (Depending upon the candidate experience and performance in the interview)
Date of Joining- Immediate
- Aptitude Test
- Personal Interview
Tentative Interview Date*- Will be communicated post registration window is closed.
*The shortlisted candidates will be sent Admit Cards/Call Letters on their registered mail Id, which they will need to carry on the date of Interview. No candidate will be entertained by the company without the formal intimation from Aspiring Minds.
Job Description & Skills Required:
The Science Curriculum Specialist is responsible for developing high quality science content as per Avanti’s unique Peer Collaboration pedagogy that builds upon Prof. Mazur’s groundbreaking work on Peer Instruction. This person will work with our curriculum team and play a crucial role in Avanti’s product offering for IX and X grade students. This includes engaging video lessons and carefully designed in-class (ConcepTests) and post class activities. More details are available on our website.
- Develop a product that enables the delivery of world class science and math education in semi-urban and rural locations
- Collaborate with Avanti’s curriculum team and school teachers to generate high quality, creative Mathematics and Science courses targeted towards a wide range of students
- Create an engaging learning experience for students through the use of low-cost experiments, animations and interactive group activities to get students excited about science
- Analyze student data gathered from classrooms and use it to judge efficacy of teaching practices
- Lead and contribute to classroom sessions, provide timely responses to students, understand what problems students face and develop solutions to those problems
- Passion for working in education
- Proficiency in IX and X grade Science
- Ability to think as creatively as a designer while paying attention to details of execution
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to connect with, inspire and motivate students
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including the ability to link cause and effect and generate solutions to problems
- Prior teaching experience or experience creating content is an added advantage.
- Job Responsibilities: Science Curriculum Specialist
- Education: B.A., B.A.(Hons.), B.Com., B.Com.(Hons.), B.E-Com., B.Ed, B.Sc., B.Sc.(Hons.), B.Sc.(Hotel Management), B.Tech/B.E., BAF, BBA, BBI, BBM, BCA, BCM, M.Sc. (Tech.), M.Sc.(Hons.), M.Tech./M.E., MCA, MCM
- Work Ex: 0 - 1 yrs
- Salary: 6 Lacs
- Industry: Education