About The company
Avanti is an award winning social enterprise established by IIT alumni in 2013 to level the playing field for disadvantaged students aspiring to study at top colleges in India. At present, they have 200 full-time employees and support over 2,000 students across 8 states in India.
Avanti is a Pan IIT Alumni initiative, winner of Stanford BASES and recipient of the Echoing Green, Ashoka, Draper Richards Kaplan & Forbes 30 under 30 awards. Their investors include Pearson Affordable Learning Fund and the Dell Foundation. Their academic board is chaired by Dr. Eric Mazur, Dean of Applied Physics at Harvard.
Desired experience- 0-1 Year
Job Profile: Program Associate- Teaching Role
Course Specialization- B.Sc/M.Sc
Job Location: There are multiple job locations, candidate can be placed at any one of the preferred location from the following:
- Rajasthan- Rabriyawas, Jhalawar, Karauli
- Uttar Pradesh - Moradabad, Narora, Dadri
- Madhya Pradesh- Raghogarh, Guna
Training/Probation Period- 3 Months
Salary- INR 2.4 LPA to INR 3.6 LPA (Depending upon the candidate experience and performance in the interview)
Bond- 1 year Service Level Agreement
Date of Joining- Immediate
- Aptitude Test/Online Test
- Multiple rounds of face to face Interviews
Tentative Interview Date*- Will be communicated post registration window is closed.
*The shortlisted candidates will be sent Admit Cards/Call Letters on their registered mail Id, which they will need to carry on the date of Interview. No candidate will be entertained by the company without the formal intimation from Aspiring Minds.
Classroom Teaching and Facilitation –
- Prepare for classroom sessions in advance and teach students at different Avanti centres for ~ 30 hours a week using Avanti’s unique pedagogy that requires students to view recorded videos, discuss conceptual questions with peers and work collaboratively on problem sets/assignments
- Actively monitor students’ classwork and homework to ensure they are on track to achieving their learning goals
Mentoring, Career Guidance and Academic Support-
- Build strong relationships with students through one-on-one interaction sessions, helping students overcome their problems – both academic and personal – in the process
- Regularly work with students to break down their academic workload into small achievable goals ; Track their progress on these goals
- Debrief with students regularly on their test scores and classroom performance( both school and Avanti), suggesting ideas on how they can improve the next time
- Enable students chalk out their future career paths by providing them information about different options available to them based on their strengths and interests
- Send monthly updates and discuss student performance with their parents person/over phone ; document next steps on every such conversation
- Conduct Parent Teacher Meetings(PTMs) in partner schools every 3 months and share aggregate and individual reports on student performance with parents
- Consistently collect and upload data and feedback about classroom and test performance on Avanti’s online learning management system
- Periodically analyze student performance for his/her respective subject across all batches he/she teachers
- Use these dashboards to generate insights on reasons for poor student performance ; devise solutions to address those problems
- Create a healthy learning culture by working on initiatives like (but not limited to) arranging expert sessions, organizing field trips/excursions, planning scientific debates in the classroom etc.
Skill Set Required:
- Ability to connect with, inspire and motivate students
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for working in education and teaching
- Classroom Engagement
B.Sc., B.Sc.(Hons.), M.Sc., M.Sc. (Tech.), M.Sc.(Hons.)
0 - 2 Years
2.4 - 3.6 LPA