About The Company
Avanti is a venture-backed education company established by IIT alumni in 2013 with the mission of taking a high-quality math and science education to every district in India by integrating passionate teachers, world-class curriculum and technology.
Avanti is a recipient of several global honor’s including the Echoing Green, Ashoka and Draper Richards Kaplan Fellowships, and the Forbes 30 under 30 Global Award. Our investors include the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation, Pearson Affordable Learning Fund and Asha Impact. Our academic board is chaired by Prof. Eric Mazur, Dean of Applied Physics at Harvard and the world’s leading expert in Peer Instruction.
- Karnataka: Belgaum/Hubli/Dharward
- Madhya Pradesh: Guna
Desired experience: 0 to 2 years in teaching/education sector
Salary: INR 4 LPA to 6 LPA(depending upon candidates ability and experience)
Course Specialization: B.Tech/B.Sc/M.Sc(Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biology)
Probation/Training Period: 6 month
Tentative date of joining: Immediate
Tentative date of interview: Will be communicated post registration window is closed.
* The shortlisted candidates will be sent Admit Cards/Call Letters on their registered mail Id, which they will need to, carry on the date of Interview. No candidate will be entertained by the company without the formal intimation from Aspiring Minds.
The Program Associate is the backbone of Avanti’s classroom. He/she is responsible for teaching, inspiring, training and motivating students towards achieving their learning goals.
The role of a Program Associate involves the following tasks, functions and responsibilities:
Classroom Teaching and Facilitation:
- Prepare for classroom sessions in advance and teach students at different Avanti centres for ~ 30 hours a week using Avanti’s unique pedagogy that requires students to view recorded videos, discuss conceptual questions with peers and work collaboratively on problem sets/assignments
- Actively monitor students’ classwork and homework to ensure they are on track to achieving their learning goals
Mentoring, Career Guidance and Academic Support
- Build strong relationships with students through one-on-one interaction sessions, helping students overcome their problems – both academic and personal – in the process
- Regularly work with students to break down their academic workload into small achievable goals; Track their progress on these goals
- Debrief with students regularly on their test scores and classroom performance (both school and Avanti), suggesting ideas on how they can improve the next time
- Enable students chalk out their future career paths by providing them information about different options available to them based on their strengths and interests
- Data Analysis
- Consistently collect and upload data and feedback about classroom and test performance on Avanti’s online learning management system
- Periodically analyze student performance for his/her respective subject across all batches he/she teachers
- Use these dashboards to generate insights on reasons for poor student performance ; devise solutions to address those problems
- Create a healthy learning culture by working on initiatives like (but not limited to) arranging expert sessions, organizing field trips/excursions, planning scientific debates in the classroom etc.
- Passion for working in education and teaching
- Proficiency in Class XI and XII Physics/Chemistry/Math/Biology
- Belief that all students can learn and achieve their goals
- Ability to connect with, inspire and motivate students
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including the ability to link cause and effect and generate solutions to problems
After the first year, high- performing Program Associates will be promoted to the role of a Senior Program Associate, with a significant increase in responsibilities.
After spending one more year at Avanti, high performing Senior Program Associates can choose one of the following paths: -
Program Manager – Business role; Manage operations of one entire business unit (hubs) - Subject Expert – Academic role ; Manage academic outcomes and teacher training for one entire hub (All decisions on promotions and compensation will be carried out annually and will be based on the last two performance evaluations)
- Academic Test
- Demo Round
- HR Interview
B.Sc., B.Sc.(Hons.), B.Tech/B.E., BCA, M.Sc., M.Sc. (Tech.), M.Sc.(Hons.), M.Tech./M.E.
0 - 2 Years
4 - 6 LPA