About The Company
Avanti is a social enterprise established by IIT alumni in 2010 to help bright and motivated students from low income homes gain admission to India’s top colleges. At present, we have 40 full-time employees and 300 volunteers at 10 college campuses and support 600 low-income high-school students in 8 locations across India. At Avanti, we implement a pedagogy that reduces teacher dependence and enables student-driven, collaborative learning. Students consume lecture content in the form of recorded videos and reading material before attending class. In place of conventional lectures, classroom time is used to get students to work collaboratively on problem sets and clarify doubts by interacting with subject experts. Over the past year, we have shown that our students outperform the most expensive after-school programs in the country at less than one-fourth the cost.
Avanti is a PanIIT Alumni initiative, winner of the Stanford Social E-Challenge and recipient of several global honors including the Echoing Green, Ashoka and Draper Richards Kaplan Fellowships. Our founder was nominated to the Forbes 2014 30 under 30 global list of social entrepreneurs. Our lead investor is the world’s largest Education Company, Pearson. Our academic board is chaired by Prof. Eric Mazur, Dean of Applied Physics at Harvard. Avanti fellows with tie up with Navodaya Samiti have 3 centers at JNV Pondicherry, Bolangir and Mangalore. This year we are starting 3 more centers in JNV Chikmagalur, JNV Haasan and JNV Shimogha.
Salary: Rs.1.8 LPA to Rs.2.4 LPA
Probation / Training Period: 3 months Probation/Training would be done on the job
Job Location: Chennai, Pondicherry, Chikmangalur, Hassan, Shimoga
Desired experience: 0 to 2 years
Tentative date of interview: Will be communicated post registration window is closed
*Please Note that this is a tentative date of Interview, the exact date and venue will be communicated to you post registration process is over. The shortlisted candidates will be sent Admit Cards/Call Letters on their registered mail Id, which they will need to, carry on the date of Interview. No candidate will be entertained by the company without the formal intimation from Aspiring Minds.
Tentative date of joining: Immediate
1. Classroom Facilitation
- Facilitate classroom sessions for 40-45 students through our unique pedagogy that requires students to view recorded videos, discuss conceptual questions with peers and work collaboratively on problem sets/assignments.
- Help students transition from the traditional lecture-based classroom model to our peer-to-peer learning model.
- Install a healthy learning culture where students actively collaborate and take ownership of their studies.
2. Academic Guidance and Support
- Coach students to improve their learning styles by focusing on conceptual learning in place of rote learning
- Help students better absorb the Avanti curriculum by providing customized academic support for each student
- Build strong relationships with students and their parents through one-on-one mentoring sessions
- Education: An undergraduate degree in science or engineering is compulsory.
- Language Fluency: English and Kannada is added advantage.
- Skills: Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; high attention to detail; self-driven; empathic
- Interests: Passionate about the education sector; enjoys mentoring and teaching teenagers
- Written Test
- Group Discussion
- Direct Interview
0 - 2 Years
1.8 - 2.4 LPA