Indus Action was founded to bring about a systemic change in India through policy implementation. India's complex social norms are oftentimes at odds with its collective aspirations. Overcoming such norms requires campaigns/programs that influence behaviors and mindsets. Indus Action's aspiration is to be a role model policy implementation organization that significantly moves the needle on deep societal attitudes and beliefs.
Indus Action has been campaigning since 2013-14 for raising awareness and effective implementation of Section 12(1)(c) of Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 under the project named ‘Eklavya'. Through Project Eklavya, we have been working towards the effective implementation of Right to Education (RTE) Section 12(1)(c) which provides 25% free seats to children belonging to disadvantaged and economically weaker sections in all private, unaided schools across India. According to Status of the Nation Report by IIM-A, there are over one crore opportunity seats all over India in next five years and nearly 85% of them remain vacant. After successfully supporting 7500 low-income families in 2014 and 45,000 in 2015 we plan to scale our operations and reach out to 10 lakh families in ten cities of India in 2017.
Profile Offered: Product Developer
Educational Qualification: B.E/B.tech (C.S/IT)
Desired Experience- 3-5 years
CTC Offered: INR 8 LPA (Fixed + Variable)
Roles & Responsibilities:- Envision tech solutions to some common campaign challenges that social sector organizations face and program manage bringing the idea to fruition
- End-to-end development of different modules within the campaign management web app
- Documenting various stages of software development
- End-to-end development of different modules within the mobile application
- Working on both front-end and back-end. Working closely with other teams.
- Being part of fundraising meetings with VCs and potential donors for the products
- Advising senior team and the Board on business development, strategy roadmap for the products
- Experience in any programming language
- Proven experience of envisioning and building tech products
- Must know your way around *nix environments
- Experience with server side programming is a plus
- Understands the importance of good programming practices - - writing test cases, code reviews
- Ability to pick up new technologies
- Ability to learn fast
- Experience of working with startups is a plus
- Job Responsibilities: Product Developer
- Education: B.Tech/B.E.
- Work Ex: 3 - 5 yrs
- Salary: 8 Lacs
- Industry: IT