About The company
Avanti is an award winning non-profit organization established by IIT alumni in 2010 to provide an affordable, high-quality education to disadvantaged students aspiring to study at India’s top colleges. At present, they have 20 full-time employees &100 volunteers, and support over 800 students in 8 locations across across 4 school systems – Corporation of Chennai, NavodayaVidyalayas, Tibetan Administration and Haryana Government Schools.
At Avanti, they implement a unique pedagogy called Peer Instruction®that reduces teacher dependence and enables collaborative learning. Students consume lecture content in the form of recorded videos and reading material before attending class. In place of conventional lectures, classroom time is used to get students to work collaboratively on problem sets and clarify doubts by interacting with subject experts. Over the past 2 years, they have shown that their students outperform the most expensive after-school programs in the country at less than one-fourth the cost.
Avanti is a PanIIT Alumni initiative, winner of Stanford BASES 2010 and recipient of the Echoing Green, Ashoka and Draper Richards Kaplan Fellowships. Our academic board is chaired by Prof. Eric Mazur, Dean of Applied Physics at Harvard.
In Chennai, since 2012, Avanti worked with about 800 class XI and XII students from Chennai Schools, in partnership with Corporation of Chennai and Rotary Club of Madras East, helping them develop strong fundamentals in Mathematics and Sciences. In 2015, Avanti would be spreading its work to 1000 more students of Grade IX to XII from 16 Chennai Corporation Schools.
Website address: http://avantifellows.org/
Profile : Multiple Profiles
Please Note : Kindly select the job profile that is best suited as per your experience and knowledge during the registration process.
Desired experience- 0-2 Years (in Education Domain)
Course Specialization: B.Tech/BE /Msc
Batch – 2012/2013/2014
Training Period: 6 months
Salary: Rs.1.8 LPA – Rs.3 LPA (Depending upon the experience of the candidate)
Date of Joining: Immediate
- Telephonic Interview
- Face to Face Interview
Tentative Interview Date*: 1st week of May 2015
*Please Note that the exact date and venue will be communicated to you post registration process is over. The shortlisted candidates will be sent Admit Cards/Call Letters on their registered mail Id, which they will need to carry on the date of Interview. No candidate will be entertained by the company without the formal intimation from Aspiring Minds”
Job Description- Curriculum Associate
The Candidate will be fully responsible for preparing academic content for the specific subject either Maths or Science for Grade IX to run unique Avanti pedagogy and conduct doubt solving sessions in different partnering schools.
- Curriculum Design
- Create detailed lesson plans for teaching, recording concept video lectures
- Create problem sets to support content delivery through Avanti Pedagogy
- Own overall responsibility for the creation of curriculum for individual topic areas
- Create assessments and analyze students’ progression in their learning outcomes.
- Revision and Doubt Solving
- Conducting Revision and Doubt Solving Sessions in different schools regularly
- Help students transition from the traditional lecture-based classroom model to our peer-to-peer learning model
Job Description – Program Associate
The Program Associate is responsible for ensuring positive learning outcomes for students studying at Avanti Centres
- Classroom Facilitation
- Facilitate classroom sessions for 50 students through our unique pedagogy that requires students to view recorded video lectures, discuss conceptual questions with peers and work collaboratively on problem sets/assignments
- Instill a healthy learning culture where students actively collaborate and take ownership of their studies
- Academic Guidance and Support
- Coach students to improve their learning styles by focusing on conceptual learning in place of rote learning
- Preparing Common study plan or if required study Schedule for Individual student.
- Conducting Doubt solving session in their expertise subject.
- Mentoring and Counseling
- Making note of counseling needs.
- Build strong relationships with students and their parents through one-on-one mentoring sessions
- Coordination and Reporting
- Coordinate with School HM and Teachers to run classes smoothly and submit weekly reports to them
- Document Students Academic and Personal growth and provide weekly reports to the Manager
- Good grasp of high-school Mathematics/Science,high attention to detail, self-driven, empathic Passionate about education, enjoys mentoring and teaching teenagers
B.Tech/B.E., M.Sc., M.Sc. (Tech.), M.Sc.(Hons.)
0 - 2 Years
1.8 - 3 LPA