Please note : This opportunity is by invitation only. Only the candidates who have received email regarding this opportunity must apply.
All information about the company and the course are given below.
The Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies, is part of The Great Eastern Shipping Co. Ltd. India’s largest private sector shipping company and one of the leading maritime and shipping companies in the world.
About the Company& Institute: The Great Eastern Shipping Company Limited is India's largest private sector shipping company which mainly transports liquid, gas and solid bulk products. The company has two main business: shipping and offshore. The shipping business is involved in transportation of crude oil, petroleum products, gas and dry bulk commodities. The offshore business; services the oil companies in carrying out offshore exploration and production activities through its wholly owned subsidiary Greatship (India) Limited. The shipping business has been awarded the ISO 9001: 2000 standard certification by DNV.
We have in our fleet various types of ships (Oil Tankers, Gas Carriers, Bulk Carriers, Rigs & OSVs) owned by our Company and our subsidiary Greatship India Ltd. Our Combined fleet size is currently 69 vessels.
We require various type of Skilled Officers for the purpose of day to day Operations & Maintenance on Deck & Engine Sections of the Ships. To meet the above requirement, the Company has set up a Training Institute known as "The Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies" in the serene surroundings of Lonavala. Spread over an expanse of over 17 acres of land, with an established corporate history backing the Institute, and a close association with the Maritime Industry, the Institute aims to give India, world-class seafarers.
Designation:Graduate Marine Engineer (GME)
Stipend and Salary details:
· Stipend paid during 10 months on-board training: Rs. 30000/- pm or as offered by our subsidiaries/foreign partner companies.
· Post successful clearance of M.E.O Class IV Exam, eligible for employment globally with approximate starting salary in the range of Rs.1, 00,000 to 1, 17,000 /- pm.
· With further experience at sea and on obtaining higher Certificates of Competency, they willhave the opportunity to rise to the rank of Chief Engineer of the Ship.
Age Limit (As on Course commencement date) : 28 years
Marital Status : Unmarried
Duration : 8 months on shore followed by 10 months on board training.
Commencement Period : 4 batches in a year - February/May/September/December
Academic Qualification: Graduation in BE /B -TECH (Mechanical) Engineering and Naval Architecture with minimum marks of 55% aggregate in Degree and minimum 50% marks in English subject at 10th, 12th and in Degree Exam conducted by a recognized board or University.
Job Profile:The Graduate Marine Engineers Programme is an 18 month course that is designed to make you a highly skilled professional for the shipping and maritime industry. This course is especially designed by The Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies to make you into a globally employable maritime professional.
· After registering for the profile, candidates will be shared an online test link to attempt an online test.
· If you have already taken the basic tests (English, Quant, Logic, Mechanical Engg.) you will be required to take G.K and Psychometric Test only.
· Candidates shortlisted from online test will be called further for personal interview and medical tests at our Mumbai Head Office.
Visit our website (www.geinstitute.com)for latest details about the course commencement dates, fee structure, eligibility criteria etc.
Admissions Helpline: 022-66613151
If interested, please go to
Click Here for online Application and register for the opportunity.
Last date to register is 10th March, 2019.
0 - 1 Years
3.6 - 14 LPA