About The Company:
PlanetSpark is on a mission to build the next generation of confident speakers and creative writers. We are a Series B funded, global company impacting over 13 countries through live 1:1 personalized classes on Public Speaking and Creative Writing through handpicked top 1% teachers. Our kids participate in gripping debates, create viral YouTube videos, start their own podcast channels, perform stand-up comedy, write nail-biting mystery stories, and become confident and fearless speakers. PlanetSpark is on its journey to becoming the global leader in the large and untapped communication skills segment by 2023. We are backed by some top VCs and are on a 30% month-on-month growth curve. We were featured amongst the fastest growing companies in the world, according to a recent study on the world’s fastest growing startups by GrowJo (read the story). Come, join a passionate team of over 900 young and energetic team members and 1300+ expert teachers on this roller coaster ride to build the most loved brand for kids who will move the world!
Job Location: Gurgaon
Desired Experience: 0-1 Years
Course Specialization: B.E./B.Tech(CS/IT)/BCA/MCA
Target Batch: 2019-21
Probation/Training Period: 2 Months
Salary: During Training Period: INR 40,000 per month
After Training Period: INR 9 LPA ( INR 8 LPA (fixed) + INR 1 LPA Annual Bonus)
(The final CTC will depend upon candidate's performance in the interview and will be at the company's discretion)
Tentative date of interview: Will be communicated post registration window is closed
Tentative date of joining: immediate
* The shortlisted candidates will be sent Admit Cards/Call Letters on their registered mail Id, which they will need to, carry on the date of Interview. No candidate will be entertained by the company without the formal intimation from Aspiring Minds.
What Would You Be Building?
- You would be working on global consumer facing products at a fast-growing startup that would give you great exposure on all different aspects of full stack development. You will work on:
- Live Video Product: Creating the world’s first live video learning product to help kids become confident communicators.
- Imagine this to be zoom + gamification + embedded learning tools + much more!
- Learning Platform for Kids: Building the learning and community platform for kids to learn communication skills.
- Imagine this to be a learning management system + online contests and events platform + tools to create better speeches, debates, stories etc.
- Teacher SAAS Product: Ever thought of how millions of Uber drivers are managed completely by technology?
- You now have the chance to build technology that will manage the entire lifecycle of over 10,000 teachers across the globe.
- Sales CRM Product: PlanetSpark uses its own CRM.
- What this means is that the entire sales team of 1000+ people use our custom-made product to drive sales.
- You will have the ability to design the most sophisticated CRM by directly working with the business teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As a Full-stack developer, you will be a part of a close-knit team of 10x engineers who will get complete accountability of designing the next-generation products of the company.
- Architect and install new infrastructure
- Design and build reusable and efficient ruby code
- Plan and implement new features
- Integrate data sources and databases in one system
- Identify the bugs and propose the solution for problems
Some experiences that you will get:
- Work directly with the business and design teams
- Be involved in the complete product lifecycle – from design to development to deployment
- Work on a wide variety of features
- Get complete accountability of product development
Your Growth Path:
- As a Full-stack developer in a Series B funded Product Company, you will find immense avenues of unparalleled career growth, in the form of knowledge, exposure to different technologies, exposure to different products, career progression and aggressive monetary growth.
- You will have a structured growth path
- Work on small tasks in month 1
- Work on a complete feature in the next few months
- Get complete accountability of a product in 3 to 6 months
- Lead a product stream in 6 months to 1 year
- Lead a development team
What are We Looking For?
- B Tech from Tier 1 Engineering Institute (IITs / top NITs / BITS (Pilani Campus))
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures and architecture
- Demonstrated projects or internship experience at building tech products
- Go-getter attitude and a keen desire to build scalable global products that can transform the world
What are the behavioral attributes that we are looking for?
- A keen desire to build products for a fast-growing Series B funded startup
- An apparent Founder's mindset i.e. A mindset where the person can own up technology and shape it independently like a Founder
- Learning is at the heart of our technology team at PlanetSpark. We support the opportunities for our team members to learn and grow through the following initiatives:
- Induction training program: You will undergo a 1-month long induction training in which you will be trained on different technology stacks in-depth and will work on live projects.
- Cross product exposure: You will get opportunity to rotate across a wide variety of products: live video, learning product, teacher SAAS product, CRM etc.
- Full stack exposure: You will get exposure to work on full stack development and understand end-to-end development process.
- Online learning sponsorship: You will be encouraged to enroll into online programs that would help you enhance your skills.
- Learning Sessions: Weekly teach learn sessions to help members of the team to learn from each other.
- You will also get a chance to contribute to our tech blog and publish your learnings.
- Business and customer exposure: You will interact closely with the business leaders and customers and understand the impact of your work and get better user insights.
Our Tech Culture:
- We are building a team of 10x engineers: those who want to build technology to bring large scale global impact! We believe that top talent needs an open, transparent and growth-oriented culture.
- Here are some facets of what defines the culture of our technology team:
- We hire really smart and analytically sharp people from top engineering schools
- We give them hard, global and large-scale problems to be solved
- We prioritize their learning and growth
- We give them complete autonomy and do not believe in micro-management
- We have loads of fun in the journey (gaming sessions, off-sites, movie nights)
Note: Candidates must have their own Laptop.
- Online Test
- Automated HR Interview
- Final Interview
B.Tech/B.E., BCA, MCA
0 - 1 Years
9 - 9 LPA