About the company:
Square PandaTM is the award-winning complete phonics learning system with multisensory play. Designed for kids two and older, the playset blends physical and digital learning as it keeps kids entertained through age-appropriate learning games grounded in research-based curriculum. Early readers will play their way to reading fluency as they engage with physical smart letters that connect them to a library of learning games. Every play session guides children as they explore the alphabet, letter sounds, discover rhymes, build vocabulary and more! The Square Panda Playground offers unique metrics for parents, allowing them to keep track of their child's progress and see problem areas in need of attention, such as letter orientation, word play and letter confusion.
Designation: Back End Engineer
Job Location: Mumbai
Salary: Upto 8 LPA
Education: B.Tech (CS/IT), MCA
Square Panda is seeking a Senior Back-End Software Engineer at our Mumbai, India office who will work with the internal Square Panda team (engineering, product, educational curriculum) to develop and extend functionality of our cloud-based services. Square Panda's Educational Cloud Platform delivers critical functionality to our innovative educational technology products.
The primary duties of the Senior Back-End Software Engineer will include developing the server-side software for our cloud platform - working with proprietary as well as industry-standard APIs to interface with web pages, mobile apps, and other systems. Additional duties will include developing internal tools, conducting technical research projects, and supporting partners and internal stakeholders as required.
The successful candidate will be broadly skilled in server/web/cloud technologies with strong programming experience in multiple, common. state-of-the-art programming and scripting languages, algorithms, systems/software architecture, and data analytics. Previous experience with a multi-server product and a knowledge of Production (24x7) operations is a big plus.
The Square Panda team is fun-loving, quirky, and full of self-starters. We are looking for someone who values working independently but with the support of a skilled and diverse group of individuals. You should be motivated, enjoy a collaborative work environment, and want to have an impact on the world -- we help children learn how to read!!!
This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering, with important relationships to the the Product Team.
- Write a lot of code, adding innovative features to our cloud services
- Participate in designing overall architecture and individual features
- Extend and improve our existing software
- Debug issues and fix bugs
- Improve and extend product documentation
- Ability to participate in video conference based meetings with teams in other locations, including the US and China (9 am IST)
- Work collaboratively with other arms of the engineering team that are co-located in other countries
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop product requirements and innovative solutions
- BS in Computer Science or a related field and relevant experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong software development skills such as:
- knowledge of debugging and problem solving methodology, particularly as reported against Production software
- experience with the design and development life-cycle
- writing and maintaining your own unit tests
- experience with a source control system
- experience with an issue tracking system
Strong experience in many of the following areas:
- The server part of client-server programming
- Scripting languages: Python, Shell
- Modern, object-oriented programming languages: Java, Scala, Ruby
- UNIX systems and development
- Relational databases such as Postgres, NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB
- REST-compliant APIs
- Cloud platform expertise: AWS, AliCloud
- Excellent communication skills
- Likes to work collaboratively
- Positive, can-do attitude
B.Tech/B.E., M.Tech./M.E., MCA
2 - 5 Years
5 - 8 LPA