Local Newspaper reimagined for mobile
We are solving the need for locally relevant news and information, of Indian vernacular internet users (users who prefer to use the internet in Indian languages). Currently, the way in which hyperlocal news is produced and distributed is completely optimised for Print media, resulting in poor UX for users, pretty large TAT for news and unavailability of multimedia content. Most of the problems in the hyperlocal news production cycle can be solved by building the right mobile products and technology for the processes involved, making the value chain more efficient and real time. Over the next few years, we will be building some great products and tech for the ground reporters, editors, news content creators and vernacular news consumers.
Circle News was started by three IIT Kanpur alumni and we have a strong team of people from premier institutes who have worked in the past with startups and companies like ShareChat, Grabhouse, Accenture, Samsung Research, Myntra/Jabong, Outlook India, OLA, City Group etc. We are series A funded from the top VC's of the Indian startup ecosystem.
We launched the product in August'18 and so far have seen amazing growth & engagement (more than 15 lakh downloads). We are already live in all the geographies of UP, Rajasthan, and Kerala.
Find us at Google Play Store
Designation: Backend Developer
Job Location: Bangalore
Desired experience: 1-3 Years
Salary: Upto 30 LPA
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Back-end Developer who will work with fast-paced team members to troubleshoot, improve and add to current back-end applications and processes and will handle massive growth.
The Back-end Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, create a more seamless experience for users and build features at rapid speed. You should have excellent communication, programming, and problem-solving skills.
You should have done some personal project apart from the company's projects or contributed to open source projects.
1. Design of system and architecture for all features and problems
2. System design should be smart having a balance between speed of implementation and scalability.
3. Building reusable code and libraries for future use
4. Working with team to solve problems and discuss new ideas.
5. Ownership of projects or codes written.
1. Strong problem-solving skills
2. Deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
4. Understanding of complete lifecycle of software development.
5. Basic knowledge of front-end development.
6. Deep knowledge of Databases(preferably MongoDb), Networking and Architectures for a scalable product.
7. Understanding of micro-services and container orchestration
Stacks Required: Node.js is mandatory. Python/C is optional
1 - 3 Years
0 - 20.9 LPA