About the Company:
MAQ Software is a digital marketing and a technology solutions company that helps customers reach their markets effectively on time and on budget.
Founded in 2000, the company employs over 400 people in three engineering centers located in Redmond and India (Hyderabad and Mumbai). Our solutions use advanced Business Intelligence features of SQL Server 2012, the latest cloud computing trends including Windows Azure and the latest form factors such as Windows Phone 8.
• We foster a strong engineering culture with a ‘can do' attitude. All of our key managers share IIT or IIM type of excellence in their backgrounds with significant experience in developing and growing the company for many years. Due to our smaller size, our managers lead the effort of adopting the latest technologies and computing trends ahead of the larger industry players.
• Our developers routinely work on challenging technical problems that utilize the latest technologies for fast paced software delivery. Examples of some of the problems are:
• One of our clients has recently made huge investments in marketing and sales using social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. They want to see which of these social networks are producing positive outcomes and providing key opportunities. The data is literally the entire universe of social data and reports need to mine through each entry to identify strengths and weaknesses. The consolidated, cleaned and transformed data needs to be presented using HTML 5 platform that can be accessed using both portable and fixed devices.
• Display web site traffic data for ten million users per day. In order to display the web traffic pattern, you need to evaluate front end technology alternatives (native HTML5 controls or Silverlight controls and so on). Some of your considerations will be development and testing effort, browser compatibility, rendering speed, database connectivity, load time, etc. You have to come up with the optimal approach and implement it within 3 weeks. Some of the tools used are Visual Studio, SQL Server 2008 R2 and newer SQL Server 2012.
• For one of our clients, we developed a COM+ based browser helper object (BHO) to track end user activity for the sites visited. Based on the sites visited, the business team provides customized marketing promotions to a certain type of users. Our software solution ensured that our browser plugin collects data from client machines and sends data securely and privately to a remote server. Next, we analyzed data to understand consumer behavior and modified promotions to increase success rate and sales for the promotions. We wrote unmanaged code in Visual C++, used XML extensively for data formats and related Windows based servers for storing data.
• For another client, we developed a Business Intelligence solution to pull high volume data (more than 150 million rows) from source tables to a staging environment efficiently. We developed visually rich reports that allow business users to analyze the data from different perspective and do what-if analysis based on business needs. We developed ETL packages to pull high volume of data in 30 minutes and developed reports using HTML 5 based controls with optimal page performance.
Profile/Designation- Software Engineer
Job Location- Hyderabad
Desired experience- 0-2 Years
Course - B.E/ B.Tech/ MCA (CS/IT)
Probation / Training Period- 6 Months
Salary- 7 LPA- 9 LPA (Depending on the candidature & Interview Performance)
Bond - Service Agreement of 6 months
1. Technical test (1 MCQ technical test paper + 1 subjective algorithm test)
2. Coding Test
3. 1st round of technical interview
4. 2nd round of technical interview
5. Final manager round of interview
Tentative Date of Joining: Jan 6, 2014
Tentative Date of Interview: Saturday, 14 December 2014 (Subject to Change)
Interview Location: Bangalore
Gather Software requirements (~30%)
• Participate in regular conference calls with onsite and customer team
• Understand business needs to develop software requirements
• Elicit requirements from onsite team and customer team
• Develop iterative prototypes based on requirements
Application development using C#, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint Server, ASP.NET (~50%)
• Design and develop software architecture that is reliable, scalable, and high performance
• Identify design alternatives and conduct technical feasibility
• Develop proof of concepts for technical evaluation and early customer feedback
• Develop algorithms to convert functional specifications into software design
• Write code and document it
Code Analysis using quality tools (~10%)
• Run quality tools on the software
• Analyze the reports generated by the tools and incorporate the changes/ results
• Conduct peer code reviews and external code reviews
Training and certifications (~10%)
Participate in technical trainings and clear Microsoft certifications like 70-461, 70-480, 70-463, 70-466, 70-467, 70-331 etc.
• 0-2 years of software development experience
• For experienced candidates, application development knowledge and experience in one or more of the following:
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher
• Microsoft Business Intelligence suit (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
• Other Business Intelligence reporting technologies
• Microsoft ASP.Net and C# development
Why consider MAQ Software?
• Work on fairly complex projects for Microsoft Corporation and other US companies on the latest software platform (Visual Studio 2012, SQL Server 2012, SharePoint 2013 and HTML5/ CSS3 etc.)
• Deliver 4 - 6 projects in a typical year to gain great experience and a develop a strong resume
• Follow latest software engineering techniques including Agile and Lean development techniques which empowers you to contribute to your fullest potential
• Highly rated training program - in its 9th year, our intense training program prepares you to join live projects within three months of joining the company
• Six months service agreement among the lowest in the industry to ensure that you have sufficient time to evaluate our work and the company
B.Tech/B.E., MCA, MCM
0 - 0 Years
7 - 9 LPA