About The Company:
The Kumon Program is a home-based education system that aims to develop students’ academic ability and independence. Kumon materials incorporate methods for introducing new content in a way that enables students to learn without directly being taught even after advancing beyond school grade level. Students are given an example when a concept is introduced for the first time in the worksheets. The worksheets increase in difficulty in small increments for students to learn on their own more easily. This makes it possible for students to form connections in their minds between the new concepts and topics they have already studied.
Through individualized instruction, Kumon pursues the potential of each child to fully develop his or her academic ability and independence. The Kumon Instructor motivates students to have a sense of ownership and positive attitude towards study. During class, the Instructor observes and individually guides students by providing hints and helpful feedback. This instructional approach develops the students’ ability to reason and think logically.
To fully experience all the benefits of the program, Kumon strives to cultivate confident students who are learning material three years or more beyond grade level. Advancing beyond school grade level provides an opportunity for students to be introduced to new concepts earlier than at school in order to stay one step ahead. Being able to learn independently is a valuable skill that can drive success in school and then beyond.
Profile: Assistant Instructor
Job Location: Bangalore
Desired experience: 0 to 1 years
Course Specialization: B.E/B.Tech/BCA/BBA/MBA/MCA
Target Batch Pass out: 2018-2017
Salary: Upto 2.16 LPA
Probation/Training Period: 6 Months
Tentative date of Joining: Immediate
Tentative date of interview: Will be communicated post registration window is closed
* The shortlisted candidates will be sent Admit Cards/Call Letters on their registered mail Id, which they will need to, carry on the date of Interview. No candidate will be entertained by the company without the formal intimation from Aspiring Minds.
- Proficient with Senior School Mathematics and English, to grasp the Kumon Level contents.
- Provide individualized instruction to each student based on learning ability.
- Guide Children to self-Learn from the content of courseware, refrain from explaining.
- Create individualized study plan (Class work and homework assignments) for children based on the improvement area for the child
- Assess, grade and record students’ progress assignments
- Coordinate weekly feedback to parents on the child's progress Share Level plans and goals for children with parents
- Conduct orientations and coordinate new enrollments
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom child record
- Actively participate and contribute to company’s PR activities
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Based on practical experience innovate processes to bring in efficiency in regular work.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Mathematic expertise along with strong English communication skill is required.
- Ability to 1st model to child, then do it together with the child, further wait with patience to allow the child to try
- Keen observation skills to understand the thinking process of a child rather than form perception.
- Innovative idea to guide the child to achieve greatest results in shortest time.
- Adapt to Kumon methodology quickly & willing to learn the courseware.
- Attention to detail while working with children and completing task.
- Written Test in Math (High school -8th std curriculum)
- Written test in English (High school -8th std curriculum)
- Aptitude test
B.Com., B.Sc., B.Sc.(Hons.), B.Tech/B.E., BBA, BBM, BCA, BCM, Diploma 1 Yr., Diploma 2 Yr., Diploma 3 Yr.
0 - 1 Years
2.2 - 2.2 LPA