Exams…project deadlines…early morning lectures…perpetually broke…yes, that’s college life summed up for most of us. But thanks to technology, you can survive through all of this and still have all the fun. Searching the internet can answer most of your doubts but apps are much more user-friendly and will give you faster, specific results. We bring the ultimate guide of 7 must have apps ( available on both iOS and Android) that every student needs to have to make college life easier.
1. Dictionary.com – The app is a great way to expand your vocabulary. It’s also helpful in the classroom or while you’re working on a project. Word of the Day, Audio pronunciation, Voice search, Translation are an added bonus when you’re in a word crisis. The best part – you can use this both online and offline!
2. Evernote – This app will let you organize the tons of notes and assignments on your hand. You can create clutter free notes, make to-do’s and checklists, organize documents, PDFs, and photos and much more. The most helpful bit is that the app is available across platforms – phones, tablets, laptop so all your notes and ideas are safe in one place.
3. Camscanner – Have an urgent assignment to send to a friend or need pages of a library book you can’t take back? Well this mobile document scanning and sharing app will come to your rescue. CamScanner helps you scan, store, sync content across smartphones, tablets and computers. Now use your phone camera to scan notes, whiteboard discussions, certificates, etc. and share to never miss out on a deadline or help a friend in need
4. Dropbox – If your hard disk has crashed and you know the feeling of losing data, movies and tons of TV series, then you know this app is for you. Dropbox is the virtual store for your photos, docs, videos and other files. Files you keep in Dropbox are safely backed up and you can access them from all your devices from anywhere. You can also very easily send large files to anyone, even if they don’t have a Dropbox account.
5. Trello – is the ultimate project management app for students. Divide projects/tasks evenly amongst your group by assigning labels and responsibilities to different people. Work together in real time by sending out notifications to the entire group if any changes are made by one person. Also keep track of deadlines with reminders of when the project should be finished and work left to complete their part on time.
6. Alarmy – (Sleep If U Can) is the innovative solution for those who just can’t seem to get up on time, even with an alarm clock. The app is cleverly designed to force you to get out of bed. You set it up by registering a photo of an area or room in your house. Once the alarm is set, the ONLY way to make it stop ringing is to get out of bed and go take a photo of the registered area. Nicknamed the “world’s most annoying alarm”, you’re sure to not be late for any early morning lecture.
7. Splitwise – Splitwise is the best way to share bills and expenses with your friends and make sure that everyone gets paid back. Vacations, parties, bills shared with your roommate. You can view your balances, track spending trends, set up email reminders for bills, and much much more all at one place with this smart app.
How many of these have you got?